|Screenie by: Mombassa|
Road Atlanta is a 2.54-mile (4.088 km) road course located just north of Braselton, Georgia, USA. Home to the Petit Le Mans, as well as AMA motorcycle racing, and smaller events throughout the year. The track has 12 turns, including the famous "esses" between turns three and five; and Turn 12, a downhill, diving turn.
I’ve updated the track to include the latest additions to the track and finished up all the little details that were holding it back from release. This is my finished version of the track and supersedes any others on rFC or eleswhere.
* Rebuilt just about everything; Elevations and layout are matched to the latest GPS and satellite imagery. Sorry, no LADAR.
* Added all the latest changes to the track; both chicanes at The Esses, and the 90 degree corner at the support paddocks entrance.
* Fixed the cameras.
* Fixed sky; night racing works perfect - with day/night transitions.
* 24 hour night lighting - with lens flares.
* Garage spots in the pits, so no hunting for the garage exit.
Textures and additional TSO's: Thunderchild and The Lonely
Misc. TSO's, and textures (not sure); Culmone67
AIW: Pandamasque, edited by Uzzi
Track modeler (and everything eles): Uzzi
Note: Some files were taken from Culmone67's and Pandamasque's updates, but I tried to use Thunderchild and The Lonely's work wherever possible.
*The AI isn’t perfect and doesn't always follow the perfect line, so it's a little slow in single player and weird in the pits.
* The grass and sand use bump/spec map shaders, so they may look weird on rFactor, due to its primitive graphics system, but still better than the old add/mult layers. I'm looking forward to porting to an HDR cap[able game next.