Piddy v1.0 by Fredhot and NeelJ
(french Google translation)
After Vitus Parc, I'm proud to present this new fictional track, 4.113mi long, fictitiously located in Switzerland. It features rapid successions, significant elevations of land (65 meters high with slopes up to 20%), banked turns. He has several technical difficulties, blind turns, braking in support of fast corners requiring high downforce, but also fast sections fully loaded with relative high top speeds.
The four-turn on a steep slope is difficult to negotiate, and is an important factor in tire wear.
The circuit has two variants, SAH anti-clockwise, and SH clockwise.
In order to run smoothly on the ripples, they were built with the "wall" tool of BTB, which offers the opportunity to ride comfortably on the curbs in both directions, which would have been difficult to achieve with the "S-Object" tool 3Din BTB normally used to create the curbs. With this method, the ripples are friendly enough to ride it, which is necessary if one wants to go fast on Piddy.
To enable it to play the card of the strategies of pit stops, access to the pits are shorter and faster than the runway to minimize the time spent in the pits.
- Fredhot: layout design, track, walls, ripples, terrain, stands, paddocks, bridge, cameras (3 groups).
- NeelJ: integration, optimization, 3D objects, textures, vegetation, buildings, scenery, development, lights, etc.
- Thierrydu81: AIW, max 36 cars.
- Boblebric: beta testing.
- Nuggit: permission to use VLM (Mid Ohio) animated birds.
- CGTextures.com: for the realization of the circuit, improving its graphics, and creating 3D objects, textures were created with images of cgtextures.com.
By default, these images can not be redistributed, visit www.cgtextures.com for more information.
X Pack creators :
- " Great Britain", objects from RBR, vegetation ;
- " Haywood Club", textures, walls and gardrails ;
- " Textures janvier", by Parlesportes, Rallyesim.fr ;
- " NL Pack", "Poles", "TV Crews", "Starter", "TV Guy", "Rulers Pack", etc.
Tribute to Brendon Pywell: Software creator Bob's Track Builder. This circuit is a tribute to Brendon Pywell, creator of Bob's Track Builder software, which I used to create this circuit. Brendon is also known by his nickname Piddy. After spending much time and energy to create and develop this software, a certain weariness with the obvious : impossible to win enough money with BTB. And after many reviews of the failed system of BTB license, Brendon suddenly stopped the development of BTB.
Since March 2009, no word from Piddy on RaceDepartment, the website that hosts the forum dedicated to BTB. I wanted, through this project, show him my respect and gratitude for creating this software, which opened doors for me, as a small amateur creation circuit for car racing simulations on PC.
Brendon, I wish you long and beautiful life, and Brendon be well !!
Tribute to Alain: for your unwavering, your determination, your experience and your talent, you were able to make this beautiful and fluid circuit because coming from BTB, it was neither one nor the other ;- )
Building the circuit cameras: Bob's Track Builder 0.8.0.3 by Brendon Pywell
Integration, textures 3DSimed 2.x by Sim Garage
AIW: AIW CAM Editor, ISI
Conversions to GTLegends, GTR2, Race Series is underway, conducted byNeelJ probably available around summer 2011.