Auto-Art Designs is proud to announce the Lamborghini Gallardo Challenge.
After creating the Gallardo GT3, about 30 people propped their feet up on their respective desks, sat back and looked at it. We were happy, but not even close to finished! Here’s the check list that was used to finish things off.
1. Model tweaked to the point of madness.
2. Physics were done, then refined, then refined at least 73 more times. Obsessive Compulsiveness is a good thing in this situation.
3. Testing was carried out on 27ish different circuits to make sure the handling was superb under all conditions. This testing was not done because we were having so much fun driving the car. We did this purely to make sure it was perfect. Yeah, that’s why we did it.
This is the culmination of hundreds of hours poured into modeling, physics and painting. The car has gone through weeks of R&D at the hands of professional race drivers. Yes folks, we had actual real life guys that get paid to drive cars shake this thing down before handing it off to you. Amazingly enough, all of them REALLY liked it!
The creation of this car has been an absolute labor of love and we hope that you enjoy racing it as much as we have enjoyed making it.
GALLARDO GT3 v2.0 UPDATE FEATURES:
Full version of 1.0 car plus
- New Sparco racing wheel from the 24hour Gallardo
- New colour coded interiors with Gallardo challenge logo
- Improved brake disc texture
- Fixed windscreen shadowing
- Slight physics improvement
- Final drive gear ratio unlocked
- Dials now show in shade and at night
- Dirt layer added to car body
- New start video
- 1 new car livery
- sound files tweaked
- mirrors fixxed
Throughout its development, this car has undergone some extensive work and testing from a range of very talented people. We like to think it has now evolved into its final state of design, the v2.0 MOD.
We were very pleasantly suprised to see the warm welcome the gallardo received from the Rfactor community and were overwhelmed when the car reached number 14 in the Hall of Fame. To reach the Hall of Fame at all, let alone in such a short space of time, is truly a great achievement by all involved and makes all the hard work seem all the more worth while.
Auto - Art would also like to say it has been a great pleasure to work with iDT simulations on our first rfactor project. We would like to thank everyone involved for the invaluable help they gave us with making this happen. May we also take the opportunity to say thankyou to all the people who have downloaded our car and given us feedback to enable us to get this car to such a high standard.
STILL TO COME
Auto-Art and iDT have also been developing a ROAD CAR version of the Gallardo which can be seen in the screenshots section. There is still some way to go on this, but now the GT3 challenge is complete , we can concentrate all efforts on getting the road car mod finished and released.Not too much can be said on the road car mod at this precise time , however you can rest assured it will be another great culmination of talent and knowledge and will result in a mod that could very possibly surpass the GT3.