rFactorMonitor is an add-on application for rFactor. It can be used to broadcast rFactor sessions in real time either on a LAN or over the internet.
- Relaying all the live game statistics and track condition(including practice and race session) in rFactor to every single audience in the internet.
- Relaying the games in rFactor not only from the local system, but also from any other servers in the internet.
- The rFactor being transmitted can be run as a game server, or connected to a paticular server as a player or audience.
- Downloading and displaying track maps and sectors automatically.
- Able to display every player's position on the track, driving route and fighting details.
- Recording down the single-lap statistics of every player in the current session.
- Displaying all the semaphores, e.g, yellow flag, start lights.
- Highlighting incidents occurred immediatly, e.g, ranking changes, the fastest lap timing.
- Fast-forward and pause functions when playing relay files.
- Instant playback function, similar as Instant Replay in rFactor.
- Broadcasting text infomation, allows the broadcast of text news to audiences.
- P2P relay service, allowing larger number of audiences.
- How big the network bandwidth does the rFactorMonitor require?
The bandwidth occupied by the rFactorMonitor is related with the number of cars and audiences. Generally, 0.13-0.14kb of network bandwidth is occupied per car per second.
Suppose there are 10 racing cars in the server, for each audience, rFactor uploads or downloads 1.3-1.4kb of data from the server per second. 10 audiences will occupy 13-14kb of bandwidth.
- Will the rFactorMonitor affect the fluency of the network games in the rFactor?
Should be no, it is because rFactorMonitorPlugin(rFactor service) is limited to one connection at a time, the bandwidth occupied by the rFactorMonitor from the rFactor server does not change with the change of number of audiences. When there are 10 racing cars in the server, only 1.3-1.4kb of bandwidth will be occupied by the rFactorMonitor from the rFactor game server. This bandwidth requirement is less than a rFactor client connected as an audience.